Luxury Boutique Bed and Breakfast accommodation with a warm welcome at Afon Rhaiadr Country House B&B, Dolgellau, at the foot of Cader Idris, within the Snowdonia National Park. Visit Wales 5 star award.
A lovely 5* Victorian Country House boutique Bed & Breakfast near Dolgellau, North Wales.
Recently refurbished and stylishly decorated throughout. Chandeliers and luxurious soft furnishings, candle-lit dining(advance booking required). Elegant cosy drawing room with doors to the gardens and conservatory. Furnished with an eclectic mix including Victorian and Edwardian antiques. All bedrooms are sumptuously decorated and have luxury bathrooms. There is ample seating around the gardens for you to enjoy and a woodland walk over the waterfall bridge and Victorian pool. Why not treat yourselves to Afternoon Tea in the gardens – see our dining page for more details.
There are many places to visit in Snowdonia with Portmeirion village (famous for the TV series The Prisoner) and the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway on our doorstep. http://www.festrail.co.uk/ For the more adventurous the popular Coed y Brenin forestry park for mountain biking, cycling & woodland walks is only a short distance away from Dolgellau, which is a great example of the natural wonders of Snowdonia National Park. North Wales & Mid Wales is a walkers paradise including Mawddach trail, Cader Idris, Torrent Walk and Precipice walks plus many more. www.eryri-npa.gov.uk/visiting/walking
Afon Rhaiadr Country House B&B – loosely translates to ‘house by the river and waterfall’ and uses an old spelling of Rhaeadr (waterfall). You may find it easier to pronounce it as ‘Avon Rayader’.
- Idyllic surroundings at Afon Rhaiadr bed and breakfast for a relaxing peaceful break, or for the more adventurous.
- White water rafting, kayaking, mountain biking and much more, then return to a little luxury www.forestry.gov.uk/coedybrenin
- Guided walks & tours can be arranged through www.celticos.com/ & www.birdsofsnowdonia.com/ see our activities and attractions page for more links.
- Special packages can be arranged to suit your preference.
- Wildlife/nature breaks. Foraging. Bird watching – Osprey, Red Kyte & many more.
Gina and Gareth Ritchie look forward to welcoming you at Afon Rhaiadr Bed and Breakfast. Small well-behaved dogs are welcome strictly by arrangement only and a £10 per dog per night applies. Only if a suitable room is available and conditions apply.