- 01341 450777
Welcome to Afon Rhaiadr Luxury Boutique B&B in Dolgellau
Luxury Boutique Bed and Breakfast accommodation with a warm welcome at Afon Rhaiadr Country House B&B, Dolgellau, at the foot of Cader Idris, in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park. Visit Wales 5 star award.
A lovely 5* Victorian Country House boutique Bed & Breakfast near Dolgellau, North Wales.
Refurbished and stylishly decorated throughout. Chandeliers and luxurious soft furnishings, candle-lit dining on selected evenings (advance booking required). Elegant cosy drawing room with doors to the gardens and conservatory. Furnished with an eclectic mix including Victorian and Edwardian antiques. All bedrooms are sumptuously decorated and have luxury bathrooms. There is ample seating around the gardens for you to enjoy and a woodland walk over the waterfall bridge and Victorian “pool”. Enjoy the water from its own private water, supplied by its own natural spring. Afon Rhaiadr Country House B&B – loosely translates to ‘house by the river and waterfall’ and uses an old spelling of Rhaeadr (waterfall). You may find it easier to pronounce it as ‘Avon Rayader’.
Why not treat yourselves to Afternoon Tea in the gardens – see our dining page for more details.
There are many places to visit in Snowdonia with Portmeirion village (famous for the TV series The Prisoner) and the Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railway on our doorstep.
For the more adventurous the popular Coed y Brenin forestry park for mountain biking, cycling & woodland walks is only a short distance away from Dolgellau (our local historical town), which is a great example of the natural wonders of Snowdonia National Park. North Wales & Mid Wales is a walkers paradise including Mawddach trail, Cader Idris Mountain, Torrent Walk and Precipice walks plus many more. www.eryri-npa.gov.uk/visiting/walking
Here are just a few of the “Things to do in the Area”
- For the more adventurous White water rafting, kayaking, mountain biking, horse riding and much more.
- Zip Line, Bounce Below and slate mines at Blaenau Ffestiniog – www.zipworld.co.uk/location/detail/blaenau-ffestiniog
- Guided walks & tours can be arranged through www.celticos.com & for guided bird watching tours www.birdsofsnowdonia.com.
- Walking in the area www.eryri-npa.gov.uk select the area and type of walk you would like to do.
- Steam Trains – Bala Lake – Fairbourne – Corris – Welsh Highland Heritage Railway – Talyllyn Railway – and of course Snowdon Railway.
- Wildlife/Nature Reserves. Foraging. Bird watching – Osprey, Red Kyte & many more
- Portmerion Village – where they filmed “The Prisoner”
- Castles and historic places in Wales – Harlech Castle is a short drive up the coast
- Betws-Y-Coed Swallow Falls – small quaint “little mountain village” on route to Llanberis
- Corris Craft Center and King Arthurs Labyrinth – www.corriscraftcentre.co.uk/King-Arthurs-Labyrinth
- Mount Snowdon – Walk Up Snowdon – Eryri NPA and the Snowdon Railway
Gina and Gareth Ritchie look forward to welcoming you to Afon Rhaiadr Country House Bed and Breakfast.
Small well-behaved dogs are welcome strictly by arrangement only. Only if a suitable room is available and conditions apply.
GarethI'm the food guru!
GinaI do a bit of everything!
Guto & ZephyrWe will look after you as well