- 01341 450777
Afon Rhaiadr Country House is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018, once enacted. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. Should you need to contact us please write to: Afon Rhaiadr Country House, Dolgellau, Gwynedd, LL40 2AH or via email@example.com – quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry.
What information do we collect and why?
When you buy goods and services from us, you are entering into a contract with us. When making a booking to stay at Afon Rhaiadr Country House for example, we will ask you to provide some personal information such as;
• When booking a stay – full name, address, contact numbers, email address and payment details
• Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
• Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
• You may view and use the Afon Rhaiadr Country House website without disclosing any personal information. However, anonymous statistics about visits to the site and to individual pages are tracked for the purposes of better understanding our potential clientele and continually improving our service to them. This tracking of statistics may involve the use of “cookie” technology (for further info on Cookies please see below).
We will use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
• to confirm your booking and provide details to help make the most of your booking.
• to advise you of any changes or problems with your booking
• to help us to administer accounts, services and products which we offer
• to help detect fraud or loss
• to advise you if you have won any competition or prize giveaway
• If you communicate with us via the Phone or Internet then we will contact you back about your request or query.
• to write to you (including electronic mail) or to telephone you with information about our services or products or offers. This information is sent to you normally via electronic mail in the form of an e-newsletter 3 or 4 times a year or our late availability email which will be send as and when late availability is available.
• In order to continue to serve you on future stays, we will retain your information, you may request (via post or email) that we delete your information and we will promptly do so.
• To change the personal details, we hold about you please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or post a letter to Afon Rhaiadr Country House, Dolgellau, Gwynedd, LL40 2AH quoting “Change to Personal Data”.
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
• Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your stay details.
• Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way.
• Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of us in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to confirm your data to a booking agent where necessary to complete a booking you have made using a 3rd party.
Who we share your information with and why
Booking Agents – If you have booked a stay with us using a 3rd Party then your personal data will be used to verify that you are the person who will be stay at Afon Rhaiadr Country House and for the purpose of receiving payment if the Agent will be paying part or all of your stay on your behalf. Afon Rhaiadr Country House is not responsible for the security practices of other booking agent who you have used.
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to other companies without your prior consent. We do not sell mailing lists to third parties.
Protection of information
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser. These allow us to store your account information and provide features to make your shopping on our website easier. Most browsers allow the cookie function to be turned off. If you want to know how to do this look at the help menu on your browser.
• Site administration
• Completing the user’s current activity
• Research and development
This website may contain links to other websites. Such links are provided solely as a convenience for you. Afon Rhaiadr Country House is not responsible for the security practices of such websites.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or postal address (see below for details:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
email@example.com or post a letter to Afon Rhaiadr Country House, Dolgellau, Gwynedd, LL40 2AH or use the unsubscribe link within the emails. You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.